This website is operated by J&P Plumbing and Heating (UK) Ltd. We take your privacy very seriously therefore we urge to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information about us and:
- the personal information we collect about you, our users
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information may be shared with
Who we are
J&P Plumbing and Heating (UK) Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018, (ie we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
Information we collect
- a) Personal information you provide to us
We collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
- email address
- mail address
- phone number
- IP address
Some examples of when we collect this information include:
- when signing up to newsletters
- when using chat facility
- when emailing
- b) Personal information provided by third parties
We may receive information about you from other sources. This information may include:
- credit information
We will add this information to the information we hold about you for the following purposes:
- to check for credit worthiness
- c) Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
- shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data
- shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf
- shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad
- d) Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor communications such as emails and telephone calls for the following purposes:
- quality and training
- e) Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our website. Similar technologies include web beacons, action tags, local shared objects (‘flash cookies’) and single-pixel gifs. Such technologies can be used to track users’ actions and activities, and to store information about them. We use these cookies and/or similar technologies on this website.
- traffic data
- browsing data
- web statistics
This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this information may be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use the information we collect
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
- statistical analysis
- to help administer accounts, services and products we offer
- to help detect fraud or loss
- to contact you with information about services and products if you have opted in and consented to receive information from us
Who your information may be shared with
We may share your information with:
Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
We would like to send you information about products, services, offers, competitions and our business which may be of interest to you. Such information could be sent by post, email, telephone, text message or automated call.
We will ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information (i.e. on purchase, signing up to a newsletter, entering a competition etc). If you do opt in to receive such marketing from us you can opt out at any time (see ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information). If you have any queries about how to opt out, or if you are receiving messages you do not want you can contact us using the details provided below.
In order to access some of the services provided on this website, you may be asked to become a registered user. You must complete registration by providing certain information as set out on our membership/registration page.
You agree to ensure that your registration details are true and accurate at all times and you undertake to update your registration details from time to time when they change.
On registration, we provide you with a password. On registration you agree to use any information or data on our website for your own purposes only and not to forward any information or data to any third parties or give passwords to any third parties. We reserve the right to terminate your registration at any time if you breach these terms and conditions.
Keeping your information secure
We will use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure. These measures may include the following examples:
- all data is stored on secure servers
However, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or it, please:
- email, call or write to us (using the contact details below)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
We may ask you to pay a fee before sending this information to you.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- contact us using the contact details below
- let us have enough information to identify you (eg account number, user name, registration details), and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (using the contact details below)
- let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone)
From time to time we may also have other methods to unsubscribe from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please note that there may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is being processed.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
post: J&P Plumbing and Heating (UK) Ltd, 10 Rufus Business Centre, Ravensbury Terrace, London, SW18 4RL
telephone: 020 7610 1616
We may record calls for quality and training purposes.